Juvéderm™ Ultra Plus XC
This is a thicker version of JuvédermTM Ultra XC, with a texture that resembles hair gel. Because Ultra Plus is firmer than Ultra, it is best suited for more extensive volume loss and for deeper levels correction in the skin, such as smoothing the Nasolabial Folds, softening hollows in the Temples, and subtly lifting the Cheeks.
Dr. Sherber has refined a technique of using Juvéderm™ Ultra Plus XC along the lateral Cheekbones and Jawline to provide lift to the face without adding obvious volume. This is ideal for those who and want to restore lift and smoothness without having an obviously altered appearance in person or on film.
Brilliant Distinctions Program
Dr. Sherber participates in Allergan’s Brilliant Distinctions rewards program for her patients, and points are awarded for and may be redeemed for this treatment.
This injectable dermal filler is made of cross-linked hyaluronic acid, a glycosaminoglycan that is made naturally by our skin to help it hold onto water and keep skin firm and hydrated. As such, there is minimal potential for allergy with this family of products.
- Dr. Sherber prefers JuvédermTM Ultra XC and Juvéderm™ Ultra Plus XC to Restylane or Perlane because it doesn’t carry the potential for triggering an immune response with prolonged redness and swelling that these other fillers can.
Preparing for Treatment
- For the 2 weeks prior to any injectable treatment we ask that you discontinue any NSAIDs such as Aleve, Advil, or Aspirin (unless medically necessary), as well as any supplements containing fish oil, omega 3 fatty acids, gingko, or ginger, in order to minimize the risk of bruising.
- You are welcome to take Tylenol for minor discomforts rather than an NSAID.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex cold sores, and if the filler is used near your mouth, we may prescribe an antiviral to take as an adjunct to treatment to prevent an outbreak.
What to Expect
For optimal comfort, we apply numbing cream for 20 minutes before treatment. Immediately pre-treatment, the area to be injected is prepped with an ice roller to provide additional numbing and to constrict the blood vessels in order to minimize the chance of bruising.
- Swelling is expected post-treatment, and is more pronounced if the lips or corners of the mouth are treated, as these are very vascular areas.
- The swelling does have the benefit of stretching the fibroblasts (collagen producing cells) in the area of treatment, which triggers collagen production.
As a thicker filler, Juvederm Ultra XC is an excellent filler for the Cheeks, Nasolabial Folds, Temples and Jawline.
Cross-linking gives VolumaTM powerful long-lasting effects and is excellent for treating deep over areas of volume loss in the mid-face.
As the thickest filler, RadiesseTM is an excellent alternative to volumize the cheeks, jawline, and temples and offers the best value per unit volume.
As the thinnest filler, Belotero BalanceTM is useful for revolumizing delicate areas such as the tear trough and under eye area to conceal bags, the upper eye socket hollows, and the lips.
For long-lasting volume restoration of the face, Facial Fat Grafting is a powerful surgical technique that utilizes your own fat as a permanent filler. For maximum comfort, Dr. Rad performs this under light anesthesia. It is safe, involves minimal downtime and gives life-long results.