Corrective DIEP Flap in Washington DC
- Breast reconstruction is attempted by many but performed successfully by very few.
- As such many patients, who suffer breast disfigurement caused by radiation and/or prior failed surgeries, seek out Dr. Rad to perform corrective work.
- Symmetry and beauty are elusive goals that require of the surgeon a mastery of technical and artistic skills. Through corrective reconstructive techniques Dr. Rad aims to:
- Restore symmetry
- Create natural contour and volume
- Position the nipples perfectly
- Minimize scarring
- Oftentimes tissue reconstruction is needed and the DIEP Flap Reconstruction is Dr. Rad’s preferred method.
- However, when there is a paucity of abdominal fat, the LSGAP “Love Handle” Flap is Dr. Rad’s procedure of choice.
Dr. Rad In The News
Watch Dr. Rad discuss Microsurgery and the LSGAP “Love Handle” Flap:
- Breast reconstruction is safe and is performed under general anesthesia and a short hospitalization is standard for most reconstructive procedures.
- Dr. Rad works with board certified anesthesiologists and performs surgery at Inova Fairfax Hospital, a hospital in northern VA.
BEFORE + AFTER
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.