- The Vivité peel is called the “glow peel” by many of Dr. Sherber’s patients because it leaves skin radiant.
- A powerful 70% glycolic acid peel, Vivité is enriched with potent antioxidants to soothe the skin while brightening it.
This treatment helps to smooth the skin’s texture, fade sunspots and marks from prior acne, and improve skin’s luminosity by dissolving surface dead skin cells. It is also suitable for those with active acne looking to decongest their pores.
- Dr. Sherber often recommends these peels as part of a comprehensive skincare regimen to enhance the results from at-home products.
- After the skin is thoroughly cleansed and prepped, the peel solution is applied for several minutes depending on your skin type.
- We often take this peel down the neck, and can apply it to the décolleté, hands, or other areas as needed for total clarity of the complexion.
- Glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid, is derived from sugar cane and is safe on all skin types and even for use through pregnancy and breastfeeding.
What to Expect
Vivité, because of its proprietary GLX complex of antioxidants that combats inflammation, will not cause the dramatic redness and peeling of other glycolic peels of comparable strength. This means that there is no social downtime associated with this treatment, and explains its popularity as a “lunchtime” treatment.
- The peel creates a mild and temporary stinging feeling, but is not painful.
Preparing for Treatment
- Retinoids should be discontinued for a week prior to having this treatment.
- Sun protection is very important in the days following a peel, and mineral sunscreens are the gentlest approach for sensitive skin types.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex cold sores, we may prescribe an antiviral to take as an adjunct to treatment to prevent an outbreak.