- The newest of the hyaluronic acid fillers, this is the most dense formulation yet and is designed to be placed deep over areas of volume loss in the mid-face to restore youthful facial architecture by providing lift.
- Dr. Sherber demonstrated the most safe and effective techniques for using this powerful filler to restore volume to the face, emphasizing a revolumizing approach that reinforces a patient’s own bone structure to provide the most natural-looking result.
Dr. Sherber was selected by Allergan (the manufacturer of VolumaTM XC) to be an expert injector for a VolumaTM XC training masterclass in 2014.
Brilliant Distinctions Program
Dr. Sherber participates in Allergan’s Brilliant Distinctions rewards program for her patients, and points are awarded for and may be redeemed for this treatment.
This injectable dermal filler is made of cross-linked hyaluronic acid, a glycosaminoglycan that is made naturally by our skin to help it hold onto water and keep skin firm and hydrated. As such, there is minimal potential for allergy with this family of products.
- This filler is not suitable for more superficial treatment, such as correction of fine lines.
Preparing for Treatment
- For the 2 weeks prior to any injectable treatment we ask that you discontinue any NSAIDs such as Aleve, Advil, or Aspirin (unless medically necessary), as well as any supplements containing fish oil, omega 3 fatty acids, gingko, or ginger, in order to minimize the risk of bruising.
- You are welcome to take Tylenol for minor discomforts rather than an NSAID.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex cold sores, and if the filler is used near your mouth, we may prescribe an antiviral to take as an adjunct to treatment to prevent an outbreak.
What to Expect
For optimal comfort, we apply numbing cream for 20 minutes before treatment. Immediately pre-treatment, the area to be injected is prepped with an ice roller to provide additional numbing and to constrict the blood vessels in order to minimize the chance of bruising.
- Swelling is expected post-treatment, and is more pronounced if the lips or corners of the mouth are treated, as these are very vascular areas.
- The swelling does have the benefit of stretching the fibroblasts (collagen producing cells) in the area of treatment, which triggers collagen production.
JuvédermTM Ultra XC is an excellent “all around” filler to volumize the Lips, Under-Eyes and Tear Trough, Cheeks, Nasolabial Folds, Temples and Jawline.
As a thicker filler, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC is an excellent filler for the Cheeks, Nasolabial Folds,Temples and Jawline.
As the thickest filler, RadiesseTM is an excellent alternative to volumize the cheeks, jawline, and temples and offers the best value per unit volume.
As the thinnest filler, Belotero BalanceTM is useful for revolumizing delicate areas such as the tear trough and under eye area to conceal bags, the upper eye socket hollows, and the lips.
For long-lasting volume restoration of the face, Facial Fat Grafting is a powerful surgical technique that utilizes your own fat as a permanent filler. For maximum comfort, Dr. Rad performs this under light anesthesia. It is safe, involves minimal downtime and gives life-long results.