- Clear + Brilliant Perméa is the newest laser in this system, with a wavelength (1927nm) slightly different from the original Clear + Brilliant to target uneven pigmentation more specifically.
- Clinical studies demonstrated that those treated with Clear + Brilliant Perméa followed by a topical antioxidant serum noted greater uniform tone, boosted radiance and enhanced overall appearance.
- This can be especially effective for dark marks left behind after acne breakouts (postinflammatory hyperpigmentation) and even for melasma.
- One 10 to 20-minute session changes the way your skin behaves so that it actually acts younger – increased collagen production, quicker skin cell turnover – and looks younger. With each treatment you will notice the radiance of healthy, youthful skin as your skin behaves more like younger skin.
- Routine treatments deliver lasting results that can keep you looking younger for years to come, and a series of 6 treatments spaced 2-4 weeks apart will give you an improvement that rivals the laser treatments that demand major social downtime.
- It represents a leap forward in terms of matching results with downtime. Whereas with the older fractionated non-albative lasers patients had to be hiding out or wearing a beekeepers hat for 10 days post-procedure, and didn’t achieve dramatic results with each treatment, the energy settings of this laser have been tuned such that it delivers real results with only a few hours of redness post-procedure.
- This can be a treatment of the face alone, but Dr. Sherber generally recommends including the jawline and neck, and even the chest and hands depending on the appearance of your skin. This stimulates the production of new collagen and triggers son cell turnover: these are processes that slow with aging, and so the Clear + Brilliant treatment makes a meaningful physiologic impact on the skin.
- This laser treatment is akin to ‘aerating the lawn’ and enhances the absorption of topical active ingredients applied post-treatment. Dr. Sherber will choose a post-treatment serum that best addresses your skin’s needs, and it will absorb much more deeply than if applied to untreated skin.
- This laser is safe in all skin tones, and has been proven safe and effective in the treatment of melasma.
- If numbing ointment is not applied, this treatment is suitable during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Preparing for Treatment
- Do not plan intense sun exposure in the days before or after treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex cold sores, we may prescribe an antiviral to take as an adjunct to treatment to prevent an outbreak.
- For your first treatment, discontinue any retinoids for a week prior to treatment. Dr. Sherber will then advise you on this for future treatments based on your skin’s response to the laser.
- If you have melasma, Dr. Sherber may pre-treat your skin for 2 weeks with a brightening treatment.
What to Expect
- Numbing ointment is generally not applied with this treatment since it inhibits the skin’s ability to absorb topical ingredients applied subsequently, but it can be applied per your preference.
- Dr. Sherber will then pass the laser over your skin, making a microscopic grid of laser beams that deliver energy down to the collagen layer of the skin.
- This may feel prickly or hot, but not painful. You will be flushed following treatment, as though you had been in a sauna, and that will begin to subside immediately post-treatment. By the next morning, your skin should be back to normal – this is a huge innovation in decreasing social downtime.
- For those with very sensitive skin, there may be faint pinkness remaining on particularly sensitive areas such as around the eyes, or on the neck and chest, but this is easily coverable with makeup. There may also be subtle puffiness under the eyes if the skin there needs more intensive treatment.
- Over the next few days, you will feel a subtle sandpapery texture to the skin – this is invisible – that represents new collagen pushing out old collagen. This will last for a few days, depending on how brisk your skin’s collagen producing response is, and then fresh beautiful skin will be revealed with no peeling or other unsightly skin changes in the interim.
- The Clear+Brilliant laser is a different wavelength version of the same technology which gives a deeper treatment.