Limelight Intense Pulsed Light
- The Cutera LimeLight IPL system utilizes a cutting edge system of wavelengths ranging from 520-1100nm to target low contrast or high contrast pigmentation.
- Since this system is so tunable, Dr. Sherber can generate inflammation against the unwanted spots – which is how the body will clear them from the skin – without inflaming the surrounding skin.
- Dr. Sherber uses a ginger approach with this technology, spot-treating rather than treating 100% of the skin surface to minimize downtime and to focus the energy where it is most needed.
Often, Dr. Sherber will perform spot treatment with LimeLight after full face, neck, chest, and hands treatment with the *Clear+Brilliant* or *Perméa* lasers.
- Depending on the depth of the pigmentation, several treatments spaced several weeks apart may be required.
- IPL cannot be performed on tanned skin as it risks permanently damaging the skin’s pigmentation.
Deeper skin tones may not be ideal candidates for this treatment. We will perform a test spot if needed to ensure safety before treatment.
Preparing for Treatment
- Do not plan intense sun exposure in the days before or after treatment.
- Do not use self-tanners in the week preceding treatment.
What to Expect
- Depending on the area being treated, the skin may be prepped with numbing cream.
- The treatment feels like rubber band snaps, and often only one pulse is needed on each spot.
- Over the following days, the pigmentation breaks up into a ‘coffee grounds’ or peppered appearance, and then disappears.
For sunspots in areas that need more global rejuvenation such as improvements in texture and luminosity, the Perméa may be the preferable treatment.