Brazilian Buttock Lift in Washington DC
Also Serving Mclean, Alexandria, Loudoun County and Arlington
- Buttock augmentation has been popularized by celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and can offer beautiful body contours and a feminine “hourglass” shape.
- While implants can be used for buttock augmentation, Dr. Rad does not recommend them as a safe and effective option.
- Dr. Rad recommends fat injection to augment the buttocks. This is called the Brazilian buttock lift (BBL).
- Dr. Rad’s technique involves very careful and precise injection of fat throughout the buttock tissue using the “Coleman technique,” a tried-and-true method that requires diligence and skill to obtain results safely and effectively.
Dr. Rad employs liposuction of the abdomen, flanks and inner and outer thighs in order to accentuate an “hourglass” waistline.
Dr. Rad often combines Abdominoplasty + Liposuction for a comprehensive contouring of the trunk. Focused liposuction of the lower back can give an appearance of mildly augmented buttocks.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad places very small incisions in hidden or covered areas through which a long metal ‘cannula’ (thin tube with holes at the end) is inserted and fat is suctioned out.
- The fat is purified and then Dr. Rad injects it carefully throughout the buttocks to give a beautiful augmented contour.
In Dr. Rad’s hands, BBL is very safe.
- Because fat cells are very fragile, liposuction should not be done with laser such as SmartlipoTM, or VASERTM. Only traditional liposuction techniques should be used for fat harvest.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery a hospital operating facility.
What to Expect
- This is an outpatient surgery taking approximately 4-5 hours to perform depending on the degree of augmenting and contouring needed.
- Temporary moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Bruising and swelling are common and subside over 6-12 weeks.
BEFORE + AFTER
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”