Breast Augmentation: Mommy Makeover in Washington DC
- Post-pregnancy body changes often include stretched abdominal skin and muscle, and deflation of the breasts.
- There are no effective non-invasive treatments, nor are there exercise regimens, to reverse these body changes; therefore surgery is the gold standard approach.
- A ‘Mommy Makeover’ is a popular term referring to a single operation in which both abdominoplasty (possibly with liposuction) and breast augmentation (possible with a breast lift) are combined to lift, tighten and smooth loose abdominal skin and restore breast fullness and nipple position. Usually implants are used for breast augmentation, but Dr. Rad also offers the “DIEP Flap Aug” or “Natural Mommy Makeover” which uses your own abdominal skin and fat (usually discarded during tummy tuck) for breast augmentation with tissue. This is a highly sophisticated procedure that less than 1% of plastic surgeons are capable of performing.
- Abdominoplasty alone is most appropriate in the presence of loose abdominal skin and in the absence of fatty deposits.
- Liposuction alone is most appropriate in the presence of fatty deposits and good skin elasticity, and in the absence of loose skin.
- Breast Augmentation is effective in adding volume to the breasts for which nipple position is good.
- Breast Lift is effective in lifting droopy breasts for which nipple position is very low.
- Breast Augmentation + Lift is effective in adding volume and lifting low nipples.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad utilizes a gently curving scar from hip to hip.
- The skin/fat layer is separated from the core muscle layer which is tightened with permanent sutures, and excess skin is removed.
- Laser Scar Therapy also helps to fade scars quickly and prevent thickening.
- For healthy women, combining procedures is safe in Dr. Rad’s hands.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an AAAASF accredited surgery center.
What to Expect
- This is an outpatient surgery taking approximately 3 to 4 hours to perform.
- Temporary moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Recovery lasts about 2 to 3 weeks.
- Bruising and swelling is common and subsides over 4 weeks.
BEFORE + AFTER
When done well, a “mommy makeover” can restore the body to its pre-pregnancy proportions by volumizing the breasts and contouring the abdomen.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”