Upper Eyelid Lift in Washington DC
- With age, the upper eyelid skin sags and gives the eyes a sad or fatigued appearance.
- If the eyebrows are low, then sagging eyelid skin is worsened.
- Upper blepharoplasty is an in-office, awake procedure under local injected anesthetic and that involves removal of excess upper eyelid skin.
- Brow Lift and/or Lower Blepharoplasty may also be needed for a comprehensive result.
- Collagen-stimulating treatments such as Laser restore skin elasticity
- An eyelid-focused regimen delays the need for surgery. Explore the S+R Boutique for the world’s first edited selection of the best skincare for tired eyes.
- Professional Makeup Artistry can mask the signs of aging around the eye.
How It’s Done
- An incision is made in the natural crease of the upper eyelid (invisible when the eyes are open) and an ellipse of skin is removed and the wound is closed.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, upper eyelid surgery is safe and extremely very low risk.
- The procedure is performed in the office while awake and under local numbing anesthetic.
Preparing for Treatment
- Notify Dr. Rad of any drug allergies, particularly to local anesthetics
- Avoid taking medications that can increase risk of bruising:
- NSAIDS: Aleve, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin and similar medications
- Fish oil
- Excessive alcohol
What to Expect
- Surgery involves very little discomfort. Mild bruising and temporary swelling are normal and resolve quickly.
- While healing and recovery will be different for each patient, return to work or going to social outings about 5-7 days after surgery is common.
BEFORE + AFTER
This 59 year old woman had concerns for excess upper eyelid skin that gave her eyes a sad and fatigued appearance. She also desired improvement of her lower eyelid bags as well as her skin texture and Acne. Dr. Rad performed upper blepharoplasty, and Lower Blepharoplasty + Fat Removal. Dr. Sherber performed Chemical Peel (x 3), Botox to ‘crow’s feet’ lines and to frown lines, Juvéderm to Cheeks, Eyelid + Tear Trough, and Lips + Nasolabial Folds. She also performed a series of Pearl Fractional Laser and Intense Pulsed Light. Finally, Dr. Sherber recommended a curated skin care regimen with daily Eve Lom Cleanser, Retinoid-Based Moisturizer, and prescription Acne treatment.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”