Face Lift + Laser Resurfacing in Washington DC
- Surgery is very effective in elevating sagging tissues and restoring permanent volume where needed. However, surgery does poorly to improve skin texture, elasticity and evenness of skin tone whereas fractionated ablative laser, Pear Fractional Laser, and fractionated non-ablative laser, Clear+Brilliant and Perméa, excel in this arena.
- The cutting edge is to combine face lift surgery with fractionated laser in order to achieve the most rejuvenative treatment possible.
- Dr. Rad focuses on lifting the underlying muscle layer, sagging cheek fat and jowl fat – this is the key to creating smooth and lifted contours in the midface, jawline and neck.
- Pearl Fractional Laser is effective in improving skin texture, elasticity and evenness of skin tone.
- For in-office laser options that have no social downtime, Clear+Brilliant and Perméa are the most advanced technologies.
- Customized Aesthetic Dermatology care can delay the need for future surgical lifts, and ‘protect your investment’ following surgery.
- Injectable Dermal Fillers provide temporary facial volume and contouring and Botox smooths dynamic wrinkles.
- Collagen-stimulating treatments such as Laser and Chemical Peels restore skin elasticity
- Skin Care treatments maintain skin health and elasticity.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad separates the skin from the underlying muscle layer and then tightens the sagging muscle and fat with permanent sutures.
- Facial harmony, balance, proportion and symmetry are the guiding principles in Dr. Rad’s face lift work.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an accredited surgery center or hospital operating facility.
- Medical clearance by your Primary Care Physician is required prior to surgery.
- Accompaniment by a family member or friend for 48 hours after surgery is required.
- Dr. Rad does not accept patients seeking an extreme makeover or the looks of another person
What to Expect
- Pain is rare. The most common sensation is tightness.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and resolve over 7 to 10 days.
- While healing and recovery will be different for each patient, return to work or going to social outings 2 to 3 weeks after the most extensive surgery is common.
BEFORE + AFTER
This 60 year old woman desired partial facial rejuvenation. She also wanted to improve flushing of her face, neck, and chest. Dr. Rad performed SMAS Imbrication Face Lift, Open Neck Lift, Lower Blepharoplasty +Fat Removal, and Facial Fat Grafting. Dr. Sherber treated dilated blood vessels and flushing on the face, neck, and chest were treated with a series of Intense Pulsed Light combined with Nd:YAG.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”