Facial Fat Transfer in Washington DC
- Dr. Rad contours the face by judiciously adding fat to deflated areas or removing fat from overly voluminous areas.
- Facial contouring involves restoring volume in deflated areas of the face via Facial Fat Grafting, or removing volume from the lower cheek region to create a more chiseled appearance via Buccal Fat Removal.
- Often deflation is accompanied by skin laxity and sagging; therefore, Dr. Rad often performs Face Lift and Neck Lift surgery concurrent with facial fat grafting.
- Injectable Dermal Fillers are the most effective non-surgical treatment for facial volume and contouring; the downside is that it is temporary, lasting 6 to 12 months.
How It’s Done
- In facial fat grafting, fat is removed via liposuction from the abdomen and/or thighs, purified and then injected into the face very precisely into deflated areas.
- In buccal fat removal, small incisions are made on the inside of the cheeks and the lower cheek fat is gently removed.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, facial contouring surgery is very safe and complications are extremely rare.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an accredited surgery center or hospital operating facility.
- Medical clearance by your Primary Care Physician is required prior to surgery.
- Accompaniment by a family member or friend for 48 hours after surgery.
What to Expect
- Pain is rare. The most common sensations are fullness.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and resolve over 7 to 10 days.
- While healing and recovery will be different for each patient, return to work or going to social outings 1 to 2 weeks after surgery is common.
BEFORE + AFTER
Facial fat grafting (injection) is a powerful technique. Fat acts as a natural filler and can restore lost facial volume permanently. Dr. Rad removes abdominal fat through liposuction, and carefully layers it throughout hollowed areas of the face such as the temples, eye sockets, tear trough, apples of the cheeks, jawline and lips. Dr. Rad commonly performs facial fat grafting as part of face/neck lift and lower blepharoplasty (eye bag removal).
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, expertise, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, expert, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”