Back Lift in Washington DC
- Massive weight loss occurs with rigorous diet and exercise, or as a result of gastric bypass surgery.
- Severely loose and hanging skin of the upper back can interfere with comfort in wearing clothes and bras normally.
- In an upper back lift, Dr. Rad removes tissue of the upper back extending to the chest or breast region.
Liposuction alone is optimal in the presence of fatty deposits and good skin elasticity, and in the absence of loose skin.
- There are no good non-surgical options to tighten loose skin.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad places incisions in order to optimize body contour, symmetry and hiding scars.
- Skin and fat are lifted away from the underlying muscle layer and the excess is removed using a tailoring-type method.
Laser Scar Therapy fades and softens scars very effectively.
Dr. Rad usually combines a back lift with a Chest Lift [men] or Breast Augmentation + Lift [women]
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery in the top tertiary care hospital in the Washington DC and northern Virginia area.
What to Expect
- Surgery takes about 4 to 5 hours to perform and requires a hospital stay of 1 to 2 days.
- Temporary moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Recovery lasts about 3 to 4 weeks.
BEFORE + AFTER
This 38 year old man lost 220 pounds after gastric bypass surgery. He had severe laxity of skin and he desired comprehensive body contouring. Dr. Rad treated him with Upper Back Lift, Chest Lift, Arm Lift, Liposuction of the flanks, and Belt Lipectomy.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”