Lollipop Lift in Washington DC
- A woman may be concerned that her breasts and nipples are low, asymmetric or appear deflated either by an inherited condition, post-pregnancy or by aging. Dr. Rad uses the vertical pattern breast lift as a very powerful technique to address these concerns.
- The ideal candidate is a woman who has an ideal body weight, who desires symmetric and lifted breasts, and who wishes to maintain, but not increase or reduce, her breast size.
- A Vertical Pattern Lift is ideal for most women with mild to moderate breast and nipple droop and it avoids an excessively long scar.
- Wise Pattern Breast Lift is best for patients whose breasts have extremely low nipple position.
- Breast Augmentation is effective for deflated breasts with normal nipple position.
- Breast Lift with Augmentation is effective for deflated breasts with low nipple position.
How It’s Done
- The breast skin is elevated away from the underlying breast tissue and nipple, the breast tissue is sculpted and the skin redraped.
- The scar pattern is in the form of a lollipop as it encircles the areola and then runs down the center of the breast and ends at the under-fold.
- Breast lift surgery is done under light general anesthesia delivered by a board certified anesthesiologist in an AAAASF accredited surgery center.
- Negative pregnancy test is required prior to surgery; otherwise clearance from your primary physician is requested.
What to Expect
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, this is a low-risk, outpatient procedure that involves very little pain or discomfort.
- Return back to work in 1-2 weeks, depending on the speed of healing, is normal.
BEFORE + AFTER
A vertical, or “lollipop”, technique is a wonderful technique that Dr. Rad uses to create beautiful shape while limiting the length of the scar.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”