Chin Reduction in Washington DC
Also Serving Mclean, Alexandria, Loudoun County and Arlington
- The shape and size of the chin frames the lower face. A strong and disproportionately large chin, particularly on a woman, can detract from an attractive face.
- Chin Reduction involves removing a wedge of bone from the chin bone in order to reduce its size and projection, and plates and screws are placed to hold the chin bone in place.
- If the rest of the jawbone is thin and weak, thus making the chin appear large, then augmentation of the jawbone can be done with Injectable Dermal Fillers or with implants.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad places an incision on the inside of the lip or on the underside of the chin.
- A wedge of bone is removed by controlled cutting (osteotomy) and the chin bone is held in place with plates and screws.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, chin surgery surgery is safe. The most common complication is numbness of the lower lip due to nerve injury (Dr. Rad has never had this problem).
- Dr. Rad performs this under general anesthesia via a breathing tube delivered by a board certified anesthesiologist in an AAAASF accredited surgery center.
What to Expect
- Surgery involves minor discomfort for several days.
- Temporary and minor swelling is normal and may take several weeks to resolve.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”