Breast Reduction in Washington DC
Also Serving Mclean, Alexandria, Loudoun County and Arlington
CONVENIENTLY LOCATED TO SERVE WASHINGTON DC
- A woman who has an ideal body weight but whose breasts are disproportionately large (termed ‘macromastia’) relative to her body often suffers physical discomfort, low body image and limitation of physical activities. These women can benefit from a breast reduction in Washington DC.
- Breast Reduction is ideal to achieve 2 goals: to reduce the volume and weight of the breasts and to create a symmetric breast shape and nipple position.
Vertical Pattern Breast Lift is ideal for mildly to moderately low nipple position and no reduction of breast size.
Wise Pattern Breast Lift is ideal for moderately to severely low nipple position and no reduction of size.
How It’s Done
- The best candidates for a breast reduction are women who are in good overall health, as this lowers the chance of complications during and after the procedure.
- Good candidates are non-smokers. Smoking negatively affects skin health and elasticity, and it also prolongs the healing process. If you are a smoker, it will be necessary to quit at least two weeks before the date of surgery and to avoid smoking for the entirety of the recovery process.
- Ideal breast reduction candidates have realistic expectations in terms of results.
How It’s Done
- The breast skin is elevated away from the underlying breast tissue and nipple, the breast tissue is reduced by removing tissue from the sides and above the nipple, then sculpted and the skin redraped.
The shape of the scar is called a ‘Wise’ pattern (named after Dr. Wise)
and is in the form of a lollipop which connects with a curved scar in the under-fold of the breast.
- Dr. Rad performs breast reduction surgery while the patient is under light general anesthesia delivered by a board certified anesthesiologist in an AAAASF accredited surgery center.
- A negative pregnancy test and clearance from your primary physician are requested prior to surgery.
What to Expect
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, this is a low-risk, outpatient procedure that involves very little pain or discomfort.
- Patients typically experience a degree of swelling and bruising in the area. These issues are only temporary and will fade in time.
- It will be necessary to wear a supportive surgical bra without any underwire. This will support the breasts during the healing process and will control post-surgical swelling.
- Return back to work in 1-2 weeks, depending on your speed of healing, is normal.
Breast Reduction Cost
- The price of a breast reduction procedure is dependent on the exact details of the surgery. Breast reduction cost is impacted by factors like the amount of tissue removed, the techniques employed, and the total time of the surgical session.
BEFORE + AFTER
A breast reduction can be a life changing event. Reducing overly large breasts (macromastia) can improve mobility, alleviate neck and back pain, facilitate exercise, allow clothing to fit better, and overall improve body image and sexuality.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
If you are interested in a breast reduction in Washington DC, contact our office and arrange your informative consultation. Dr. Rad has the skill and experience needed to achieve the results you’ve been searching for.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”