Buccal Fat Removal in Washington DC
Also Serving Mclean, Alexandria, Loudoun County and Arlington
- Some patients have persistent ‘chubby cheeks’ from childhood and the more chiseled face can enhance one’s beauty.
- The buccal (meaning ‘cheek’) fat pad is a pocket of fat that resides in the lower cheek and gives a full, rounded appearance to the lower face.
- Removal of the buccal fat creates:
- a chiseled the lower facial contour
- a voluminous cheek contour
- Injectable Dermal Fillers are the ideal non-surgical treatment to contour the upper face which can create the illusion of a more chiseled lower face.
- There is no non-surgical option to reduce the buccal fat pad.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad makes a small incision on the inside of each cheek, gently teases out and removes the buccal fat pad and closes the incisions with absorbable suture.
- This can be done under local anesthesia or part of a surgery under general anesthesia.
- In Dr. Rad’s hands, this is a very low risk surgical procedure and complications are very rare.
What to Expect
- Pain is rare. The most common temporary sensation is mild swelling which resolves over 3 to 5 days.
BEFORE + AFTER
In addition to narrowing of her nose, this 23 year old woman desired a more heart shape to her lower face. Dr. Rad performed buccal fat pad removal via hidden incisions (inside the cheek), and Rhinoplasty with total nasal narrowing.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”