Lower Body Lift in Washington DC
- Massive weight loss occurs with rigorous diet and exercise, or as a result of gastric bypass surgery.
- Severely loose and hanging skin affects the abdomen, flanks and back and makes it difficult to wear clothes comfortably or to maintain good hygiene and a positive body image.
- A belt lipectomy removes tissue of the lower trunk all the way around – the scar is circumferential.
Abdominoplasty alone is best in the presence of loose abdominal skin and in the absence of fatty deposits.
Liposuction alone is most appropriate in the presence of fatty deposits and good skin elasticity, and in the absence of loose skin.
- There are no good non-surgical options to tighten loose skin.
How It’s Done
- Dr. Rad places incisions in order to optimize body contour, symmetry and hiding scars.
- Skin and fat are lifted away from the underlying muscle layer and the excess is removed using a tailoring-type method.
Laser Scar Therapy fades and softens scars very effectively.
For healthy patients, Dr. Rad usually combines a belt lipectomy with Arm Lift surgery as a primary stage.
- A hospital stay from 1-3 days is common and ensures maximum safety precaution.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery in the top tertiary care hospital in the Washington DC and northern Virginia area.
What to Expect
- Surgery takes about 6 hours to perform.
- Temporary moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Recovery lasts about 3 to 4 weeks.
BEFORE + AFTER
This 28 year old woman lost 115 pounds after a regimen of diet and exercise. She had significant laxity of the abdominal and back tissues, as well as breast deflation. Dr. Rad treated her with Belt Lipectomy, Liposuction of the flanks, and Breast Augmentation.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, expertise, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, expert, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”