Nipple Reconstruction in Washington DC
Also Serving Mclean, Alexandria, Loudoun County and Arlington
- Dr. Rad uses refined nipple reconstruction techniques to add the finishing touches on a beautiful result.
- Reconstructed nipples are then tattooed to give the lifelike appearance of areolar color and glandular structures.
Dr. Rad utilizes the ‘Top Hat Flap’ method of nipple reconstruction.
Dr. Rad has performed nipple reconstruction on hundreds of patients.
- Patients can elect not to have nipple reconstruction and instead opt only for tattooing.
How It’s Done
- The ‘Top Hat Flap’ method is like origami: Dr. Rad transforms a 2-D pattern on the breast skin into a 3-D shape that looks like a nipple.
- Nipple reconstruction is very safe and can be done in the office under local anesthesia.
- However, oftentimes Dr. Rad combines it with other procedures that require surgery to be performed in an operating facility.
BEFORE + AFTER
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns. SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.