Augmentation + Lift in Washington DC
With age, after pregnancy, or from an inherited asymmetry, a woman’s breasts may lose volume, the breast skin thins, stretch marks appear, and the nipples droop (called “ptosis”). As a result, her breasts lose curvature and fullness, clothing may no longer fit, and she may be self-conscious about her body image.
- Breast augmentation with a breast lift is a win-win: Dr. Rad restores the volume while also elevating the nipples back to a normal and symmetric position with minimal scars.
- Breast Augmentation alone restores volume to the breasts without changing nipple position; this is recommended if the nipples are both symmetric and in a good position.
- Breast Lift alone restores the normal breast shape and nipple position; it does not increase the volume of the breasts.
How It’s Done
- The implant is first placed below the muscle. Then, the breast skin is elevated away from the breast tissue and shaped to create a beautiful contour. The nipple is placed at the center of the breast.
- The scar pattern is involves a ‘lollipop’ shape – circular around the areola/nipple and then straight down to the under-fold of the breast.
- There is no ‘cookie cutter’ solution for everyone. This operation requires a high degree of skill, meticulous evaluation and careful surgical planning to arrive at the most safe and effective solution to meet your objectives.
- Breast surgery is done under light general anesthesia which is delivered via a breathing tube.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an AAAASF accredited surgery center.
What to Expect
- Mild to moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Recovery lasts 2 weeks.
BEFORE + AFTER
This 34 year old woman suffered from poor body image due to severe hereditary breast asymmetry. She desired correction of the asymmetry and augmentation. Dr. Rad performed Vertical Pattern Breast Lift and breast augmentation with 450 cc silicone implants to achieve her volume and symmetry objectives.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”