Breast Augmentation: Teardrop Silicone in Washington DC
- With age, after pregnancy, or from an inherited asymmetry, a woman’s breasts may lose volume.
- Breast implants for augmentation is a safe and effective option to restore volume.
- As compared to round implants, teardrop shaped implants are shaped like a breast and, in Dr. Rad’s hands, can be used to create a natural shape.
- Breast augmentation with teardrop implants is popular amongst women who:
- have a breast size less than a B cup
- have mild or minimal degree of skin laxity
- want minimal upper breast fullness
- Round Implants are ideal when augmentation without concern for upper breast fullness is desired.
- Breast Augmentation + Lift restores breast volume while also elevating the nipples back to a normal and symmetric position.
How It’s Done
Dr. Rad makes an incision in the natural under-fold of the breast, a pocket is created either above or under the pectoralis muscle, and the implant is placed.
- Breast surgery is done under light general anesthesia.
- Dr. Rad works with a board certified anesthesiologist and performs surgery only in an AAAASF accredited surgery center.
- A negative pregnancy test is required prior to surgery.
What to Expect
- Mild to moderate discomfort is common and is easily controlled with pain medications.
- Recovery is just a few days, and 2 weeks to unrestricted exercise.
BEFORE + AFTER
This 36 year old professional has a history of multiple childbirths and small breasts. She desired volume augmentation with a focus on the most natural shape possible. Dr. Rad elected below muscle implant placement to achieve a natural feel. Dr. Rad performed sub-muscle breast augmentation with 290 cc teardrop silicone implants, repair of rectus diastasis (stretched core abdominal muscles) and Mini-Abdominoplasty.
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.
What Patients Are Saying
“We consulted with three plastic surgeons before choosing Dr. Rad for my 17 year old son’s rhinoplasty and chin implant in March 2017. From the first meeting, we felt confident that Dr. Rad is a skilled, experienced and talented surgeon who pays attention to every detail. He is also a super guy – warm, caring, attentive and welcoming. Everything went smoothly and we are extremely happy with the results. We are very pleased with the whole experience and recommend him without hesitation.“
Esther Alpert | July 2017
“I would (and have) recommended Dr. Rad to my family and friends. Dr. Rad is extraordinarily talented. He is extremely professional, articulate and patient. He is singularly focused on ensuring the very best results for each of his clients. I put my trust and confidence into Dr. Rad and his interactions with me and the results of my surgery greatly exceeded my expectations.”
Lisa Kay in Arlington, VA | May 18, 2017
“I am so grateful I chose Dr. Rad to perform my surgery. From the moment I walked in, I felt at ease & comfortable. The office is very clean & creative. He took time to answer all my questions, I didn’t feel rushed as I did w/ other surgeons I met. His staff was prompt to respond & very friendly. Post surgery I called over a holiday weekend w/ a question & he called me back quickly. It has been an easy recovery & trust him fully. My scars are fading quick & it’s only been 5 weeks! He’s the best!”
Jennifer W in Germantown, MD | Jun 22, 2017
“Dr. Ariel Rad is the finest physician I’ve ever met! I’ve worked with Dr. Rad over the last five years and he encompasses everything you’d hope from a physician and much more. He possesses the highest intellect, sophistication, dedication, and compassion. I can’t say enough about Dr. Rad. Every appointment I’ve had with him has exceeded my expectations. He’s the absolute best! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Ariel Rad to my family and friends for medical care.”
KVR in Pennsylvania | Jan 10, 2017
“My goal was to be a refreshed, happy, more confident version of “me.” As I prepared for surgery I had no unanswered questions and was totally confident about Dr. Rad’s skill and judgment. Interactions with Dr. Rad and his team at the time of surgery and follow up were efficient, and delivered with compassion and kindness. I recommend him without qualification.”
Cathy in Washington, DC | Dec 04, 2016
“Had a facelift with Dr. Rad. Not only did he do a magnificent job, but he was extraordinarily attentive and caring when I experienced an acute complication from surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. In his office, he never makes you feel rushed. Explains everything carefully. And is all around extremely kind and very talented. I have referred several people to him.”