JUVÉDERM VOLLURE® XC
- Vollure is a hyaluronic acid filler that gained FDA approval in 2017 for nasolabial folds, with studies demonstrating an 18-month duration.
- It has a soft, flexible texture that is popular with our patients who appear on camera since it blends undetectably into the skin.
- As compared to treatment with prior fillers, this gives a longer-lasting result owing to the Vycross technology with multiple molecular weights of hyaluronic acid, and does not create as much swelling as Juvéderm.
- It is premixed with lidocaine anesthetic for the most comfortable treatment.
- Dr. Sherber was chosen by Allergan as one of the first physicians in the country to inject Vollure and has been chosen to share her in-depth experience with the media.
- Dr. Sherber injects Vollure into shadowy areas under the eyes and around the mouth to bounce light off of these areas, giving the face the appearance of being being softly uplit at all times. This is a technique that is popular with her patients who are in the public eye and one that she discussed on Good Morning Washington.
- Dr. Sherber participates in Allergan’s Allē rewards program for her patients, and points are awarded for and may be redeemed for this treatment.
- This injectable dermal filler is made of cross-linked hyaluronic acid, a glycosaminoglycan that is made naturally by our skin to help it hold onto water and keep skin firm and hydrated. As such, there is minimal potential for allergy with this family of products. They can also be dissolved with an injected enzyme, hyaluronidase.
PREPARING FOR TREATMENT
- For the 2 weeks prior to any injectable treatment we ask that you discontinue any NSAIDs such as Aleve, Advil, or Aspirin (unless medically necessary), as well as any supplements containing fish oil, omega 3 fatty acids, gingko, or ginger, in order to minimize the risk of bruising.
- You are welcome to take Tylenol for minor discomforts rather than an NSAID.
- If you have a history of herpes simplex cold sores, and if the filler is used near your mouth, we may prescribe an antiviral to take as an adjunct to treatment to prevent an outbreak.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- For optimal comfort, we apply numbing cream for 20 minutes before treatment. Immediately pre-treatment, the area to be injected is prepped with an ice roller to provide additional numbing and to constrict the blood vessels in order to minimize the chance of bruising.
- Swelling is expected post-treatment, and is more pronounced if the lips or corners of the mouth are treated, as these are very vascular areas.
- The swelling does have the benefit of stretching the fibroblasts (collagen producing cells) in the area of treatment, which triggers collagen production.
- For areas where the very softest filler is needed, such as in the lips, Dr. Sherber often recommends Volbella XC.
- More cross-linking gives Voluma XC a thicker texture excellent for deep placement over areas of structural volume loss in the mid-face or along the jawline.
- For long-lasting volume restoration of the face, facial fat grafting is a powerful surgical technique that utilizes your own fat as a permanent filler. For maximum comfort, Dr. Rad performs this under light anesthesia. It is safe, involves minimal downtime and gives life-long results.