One Side Love Handle in Washington DC
Dr. Rad utilizes the LSGAP to reconstruct an entire breast for patients who do not have enough abdominal tissue for the DIEP Flap.
Dr. Rad is one of only 30 surgeons worldwide who has the technical experience to perform this flap routinely and safely. Patients for whom traditional reconstructive procedures have failed seek out Dr. Rad’s microvascular experience.
- The optimal candidate for the LSGAP Flap is one for whom:
- the love handle region has plentiful fat whereas the abdominal region has a paucity of fat
- breast radiation precludes implant reconstruction
- Implant Reconstruction is the most popular option owing to its simplicity; however, implant reconstruction is not a good option in the setting of prior breast radiation.
DIEP Flap Reconstruction is the gold standard in tissue reconstruction for patients with adequate abdominal fat.
Dr. Rad In The News
- Watch Dr. Rad discuss Microsurgery and the LSGAP “Love Handle” Flap:
What are the downsides?
The LSGAP Flap is a secondary option behind the DIEP flap because:
the LSGAP flap is technically more challenging than the DIEP flap.
the DIEP flap has the advantage of giving patients an Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
one-sided LSGAP flap borrows tissue from only one love handle, thereby creating an asymmetry (however, this is easily correctable with liposuction as an outpatient).
- Breast reconstruction is safe and is performed under general anesthesia and a short hospitalization is standard for most reconstructive procedures.
- Dr. Rad works with board certified anesthesiologists and performs surgery at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Northern VA.
BEFORE + AFTER
Photos are of patients who have given explicit written agreement to have them displayed. For patient privacy reasons, the majority of Dr. Rad’s patients prefer their before/after photos to remain off-line. However, Dr. Rad will be happy to show you, in the setting of a confidential consultation, a series of before/after photos, not displayed here, to address your specific concerns.
*SHERBER+RAD cannot guarantee specific results. Individual results may vary.