Lips + Nasolabial Folds
- The skin around the mouth can manifest age-related changes with loss of definition. The lips can start to lose structural support, which makes them turn inward and appear thinner, and the corners of the mouth can start to droop.
- Lines can also form from nose to mouth and from mouth to chin. Subtle use of injectable fillers can restore definition to the lips and density to the skin around the mouth.
- Dr. Sherber often uses the “airbrush” technique in which she injects tiny threads of hyaluronic acid filler into areas of thin skin around the lips to restore density and prevent creasing without adding obvious volume.
- Fillers can also be employed to augment the lips for those who want to replenish lost volume or to lift the borders of the lips – the key is careful placement and judicious amounts of volume so that they don’t look obviously treated.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC
- Belotero Balance
Lips can accumulate significant sun damage, and a regimen of exfoliation, moisture, and sun protection will help to nourish and repair the delicate skin.
- For vertical lines around the mouth, sometimes the most natural looking result is a small amount of Botox to soften the pursing muscles that extend around the lips like spokes of a wheel. In certain instances, Botox and filler together will produce the best result.